Land Use, Zoning & Planning
Helping You Resolve Land Use, Zoning & Planning Law Issues
Jones Steves LLP is the preeminent choice for clients who must navigate the zoning approval processes at the municipal, county and state level. Very few firms have the specialized skills we have developed over 30 years of work in land use development.
We have represented some of the largest and most important projects in Saratoga Springs and throughout the upstate New York region, even as its growth has generated increasingly complex levels of municipal regulation.
Our client list includes Fortune 500 companies, banks, hospitals, and many of Saratoga County’s largest contractors and builders. Jones Steves LLP has had the pleasure of representing more than half of the top 10 largest employers in Saratoga County.
Real Experience With Substantial Projects
The broad scope of our experience includes the representation of clients before area zoning and planning boards, architectural review boards, Industrial Development Agencies (IDAs), as well as water and sewer authorities. These substantial commercial and industrial projects include Saratoga’s largest office buildings, hotels, shopping centers, conference centers, residential/commercial subdivisions, as well as planned unit developments including the GlobalFoundries’ computer chip fab in Malta, New York.
Jones Steves LLP regularly provide service to developers and clients in all aspects of land use and zoning matters including:
- Securing Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) approvals including Special Use Permits, Site Plan Review, Area Variance and Use Variance approvals.
- Residential/Commercial Subdivision Approval
- Lot Line Adjustments/Boundary Line Agreements
- Minor Subdivisions (less than five lots)
- Major Subdivisions
- Conventional Subdivisions
- Cluster Subdivisions
- Conservation Subdivision
- Providing clients comprehensive guidance for compliance with the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA). Jones Steves LLP artfully navigates all phases of the SEQRA process, from preparation of environmental assessment forms through issuance of negative and positive declarations and drafting and review of environmental impact statements. Should a challenge arise to a SEQRA determination, Jones Steves LLP has success at vigorously defending litigation arising out of the SEQRA review process.
- Assisting clients in dealing with regulatory requirements such as local and state historic preservation regulations and reviews by state agencies such as the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and State Office of Historic Preservation.
- Preparation of legislative changes to master plans, comprehensive plans and drafting local statutes to ensure project compliance with local laws and other desired changes in local regulation, including adoption of Planned Unit Development (PUD) or Planned Development District (PDD) local laws.
- Siting and approval for alternative energy facilities such as wind and solar farms together with traditional utilities and telecommunication facilities.
Get In Touch
For experienced representation and counsel on a broad range of land use, zoning and planning matters, contact our Saratoga Springs office at 518.587.0080 or use our online form.